Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Exalted Campaign

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My Exalted Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: My Exalted Campaign

Post by DagonXIII Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 pm

http://www.patternspider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6728

I'll say that you can use Loyal Weapon if you actually throw the vambraces, but not for the elemental bolts, and Persistant Hornet attack can be used with the elemental bolts with an appropriate stunt (I.E ball of fire bounces off walls at just the right angle to bounce back into the opponent a couple of times).
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Actually, citing Thousand Correct Actions:
"Loyal Weapon: Keyword: Leader 4.
If this Charm is used to retrieve a
weapon that exists only in the moment
of the attack (such as Elemental Bolt
Attack or Deadly Blades of the Five
Dragons), the projectile continues to
exist with the same traits and returns
to the Exalt’s hand so that it may
be hurled again without requiring
reactivation of the effect that created
it. Unless Loyal Weapon is applied
again, such projectiles then disappear
like normal."

I think that counts.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Ah what'd you know. So yes that would work. Pardon, I need to reread both 1000CA and MOEPDB. Put on list to do tommorow...
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:58 am

Open question:
Do you think it would be possible to have an elemental lens that applies to my vambraces? The fluff seems to mostly work, in that the MDV is a jade weapon designed to deal direct elemental damage via essence, but there's not a good way to integrate the two into a single artifact. I was thinking a separate one might work, or there could be one taken from a previously damaged artifact, which was then put into a hearthstone socket... but I don't know for sure. Figured I'd ask your opinion before I put the points and commitment into it.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 am

(readswondersofthelostage)
You can buy the lens itself in the form of a ring or such for 3 dots. You could also increase the Vambraces to Artifact 5. However, I don't think the lenses apply to the vambrace attack. I quote "[these] artifacts were created to enhance the energy-based Charm attacks innate to the Dragon-Blooded." Its still very nice to have, especially if you plan to take glorious birthright fount.

What color of Vambrace were you thinking of taking? A couple of colors seem overpowered and others seem underpowered (Vitrol, for instance ignores hardness. I don't think there is many armors with 15+ hardness)
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Hm. I guess it was a bit late at night when I read that, because now I'm not seeing the part I saw last night. I guess I'll get a dragonfly's ranging eye or something.

I'm taking the black jade version to compensate for a rather meh attack pool.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Okay, but I'm going to slightly errata it to say "cannot be blocked except by charms" instead of simply unblockable. I think that will be more than powerful enough (it does still have a -2dv effect.) Also remember that since it is a magical attack, most DB will be unable to block it anyway.

And its not like I'm going to be throwing a Daybreak with a twin-reactor comboe, a fang of Sentai Rangers in color coded warstriders, the flying Spaghetti Monster I found when I stopped by the woods on a Calibration evening, a herd of TMA compatible cattle and a undead behemoth named Barney despoiler of Worlds at you every session. That would just be silly.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm

In lieu of a Paranoia suite can I take Paranoia as a Deficiency?
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 pm

That's fine. I have other ways of getting around their defenses. (Makes up for my low attack pool).
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm going to give a tenative no Codex, but you are welcome to make an argument.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:50 am

It was mostly a joke on how DBs have to settle for actual paranoia since they can't build 2/7 filters with surprise negators.

In reply to you sig, the cattle of the UCS are in the Lands of the First Age book (part of the Dreams of the First Age set); sentient cattle who could learn sorcery and MA. They were probably wiped out during/around the usurpation, but it's possible that a few of them went into hiding, either pretending to be regular cows or hiding in a far-flung solar outpost. Another possibility would be an ata-cow from Halta, a cowman sired by some Lunar, or a god-blooded cow sired by Ahlat.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 pm

... So anyone up for starting this week? I'm happy to run for two players. My best time is Sunday afternoon/evening.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Is there a free day before we play when we could finish characters, discuss previous character interaction, that sort of stuff? I'm not as ready as I need to be.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Ditto this. Wednesday or Thursday evening would be best for me; Friday is obviously out.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 am

I can make Wednesday after dinner work.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:26 am

i can do that as well, so... Come by Ket rec after dinner.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Following the annihilation of most of the Tepet military forces, Jorai was part of a high-intensity training regimen for house Tepet youths - a sort of "special forces" unit, if you will. Its purpose was twofold: to re-inspire confidence despite a "major setback" and adapt to a new strategy involving smaller numbers of troops but increased effectiveness per person. At the point that Jorai was put into the program, he had not yet taken second breath; however, his father and mother were both of reasonably strong blood, which made him basically as good as anyone else given what there was to work with. It was during this period that he exalted.

The scene was a parlor near the barracks. Jorai wasn't overly fond of parties, but his friends had dragged him out for a night on the town. They were calling it a "salon," but that would either insult the word salon or over-state the event's reputability. They hadn't been out long when someone bumped into Jorai and took his wallet. It only took him a moment to realize what was happening, but by then the thief was running away. Jorai, on the other hand, kept his calm and promptly resorted to throwing things. A gambling chip found its mark, but caused no real pain. A candlestick hit the wall above the target's head. A playing card (made of parchment - very high-quality for such an establishment) was the final shot. The stiff card embedded itself in the thief's calf, halting him. Jorai calmly walked up to the thief, retrieved his wallet without breaking stride, and kept going as his anima flared for the first time.

Unfortunately for Jorai, before his training finished, the house officials canceled the program. Jorai was assigned to a Wyld Hunt, where he made a name for himself. Everything went smoothly, until the group was caught in a situation for which they were entirely unprepared. Their intel was horribly wrong, and instead of being one Anathema, there were three. Jorai's entire team was slaughtered, and he only survived because he was far enough away that he managed to escape while throwing shots over his shoulder. When he returned to the embassy to report, he was unceremoniously knocked unconscious. He woke up in a hotel with nothing but a headache. No jade, no credit, no job history. He was stuck wherever the House had decided to dump him in. Turns out, it was Chiaroscuro, in the seedy part of town. If he were to leave, either the Realm would hunt him down and get rid of him, or the Anathema would come back to finish the job. So, he spent his time trying to find out who was responsible for the rather extreme reaction to his mission's failure. Meanwhile, he paid the bills by doing the jobs law enforcement either couldn't or wouldn't touch, disrupting crime networks, getting rid of the odd loan shark, and generally making friends in low places.

So it continued for several years, as Jorai did his best to remain under the radar while making gradual progress on his investigation without producing substantive results. The breakthrough came when he was approached by a mysterious man named Chu Fei-Yen who told him about an Anathema hiding in the Realm bureaucracy, keeping the occasional cast-off dragon-blooded around for his own manipulative purposes. Together, they ratted the anathema out and engaged him in battle, during which a judicious application of Virtuous Negation Defense saved the mysterious man from what would have been a fatal blow. When it was all said and done, he gave Jorai a map and said something something being constructed without a permit. Jorai followed the map and found a manse hidden in the wall of a desert canyon. He retains the hearthstone to this day.

Following the incident, Jorai was accepted back into house Tepet, having cleared his name. He had not been back as long as he would have liked when he received notice of his transfer to Paragon. Perhaps the undercover Anathema had some friends in high places that wanted him back in the vicinity of his old enemies?
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3