Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meido (Play Thread)

+3
The_GM
AlaskanWyvern
CodexGigas
7 posters

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Empty Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 pm

((spending 1wp to channel conviction and 2m on 2nd dexcellency to raise DV to 14; soak 22L))

Flipper saw Bobo rolling and rolled to her same side, putting her companions' attacks at risk of also hitting her, and possibly buying himself some flexibility. Two zombie corpses were on the floor near him; these, he picked up by the necks and shielded himself with them, curling himself up to present a smaller target. Two things were certain: this was going to hurt no matter what he did, and the second the barrage of fire let up, someone was going to learn a new definition of pain.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm

((Damage))
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm

The member 'CodexGigas' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:40 pm

AlaskanWyvern wrote:((my owies hurt; dex-ath, then sta-res))
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:40 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 5hoy

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Shadow fades away the instant before the Tremors reached his feet, the fire engulfed him, the waves crashed over him, and the razor thorns sliced him to shreds, only to reappear unscathed and shouting "I WILL LIVE TO BRING GLORY TO THE UNCONQUERED SUN".

(Activating Flickering Wisp Technique(conviction flaw) 8m)
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 am

Blue eyes widened.

He was going to die.

For a moment, visions passed before his eyes. He saw things that weren’t, but could have been. He hugged a child he would never raise, kissed a bride he would never wed, and filled a grave that would never be dug.

He saw things that would be. A young Sidereal’s brightly-glowing anima was snuffed out by four ravenous dragons, and received a star on the wall in Yu-Shan for his efforts. His coworkers and superiors lamented the loss of someone to do their work, but only a handful attended his funeral. His Sifu lapsed into misery and anguish.

He saw things that could be. A city burned, animas flared, and dragons were brought to heel. There were other threads, other fates that lead away from this battle where his thread would not. He simply needed to… duck to another one.

Blue eyes narrowed, eyebrows above them furrowing.

I will not let this be my fate. All things end, but this is not my time.

Dredging every last bit of strength from his body, every last bit of will from his mind, every last mote of power from his soul, Builder grabbed the entire tapestry of Creation around him and pushed, throwing himself outside of it just long enough to change his fate completely.

The attack, not meant to harm him, did not singe or so much as touch him. Walking untouched through the Dragons’ fury and surrounded by a halo of destruction, cloak billowing out behind him in the updrafts inside the hold, he pointed a finger at the lead Dragon and shouted, “Surrender, lest your lives be forfeit!”

OOC:
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 am

The member 'LightOfDawn' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 am

(( 1 wp to channel conviction (+2 DV!) 4 motes to third Dex my way to +3 DV. DV is now 15, soak is still 20L))

If it wasn't one thing trying to kill Glass, it was another... ah this was the life. He'd hardly recovered from the barrage of glass that had attempted to do him grievous harm, when elemental wrath presented itself and hurtled towards him. To most exalts this would be terrifying, the dynasts forming together to ensure the destruction of a single anathema... Glass, however, was not most exalts.

He achieved a simple calm as the moments between now and potential oblivion closed their immeasurable and infinite gap. One day, Glass would fall, broken and beaten... that day would not be here, and not before Glass had driven the creatures of death back into their nether realm, and seen them all destroyed. His muscled twitched slightly, inhuman speed becoming more and more inhuman, as he prepared to slice the blast at the perfect moment to render it as inert as possible. After all, he could probably handle at least one of these without attempting to block it. Glass certainly wasn't made of his namesake.

"Am I the only one getting bored with these Dragons?" he mused aloud, hoping to demoralize his foes for whatever that would be worth by this point.

---
WP:9/10
Personal: 19/24

Peripheral: 38/39

Mutations: Thick skin, Serpentine body, Enhanced sense: Sight, Serpent's tongue
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 pm

((Dex Ath first, Sta Res second.))

Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 pm

The member 'Ji' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Nkws

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:27 pm

((Damage))
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:27 pm

The member 'CodexGigas' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 22 J118

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Builder heaved a sigh when the Dragons failed to immediately surrender. "Glass, Flipper... anyone feel like some diplomacy?"

The Sidereal stepped off to one side, removing himself from the Dragons' immediate line of fire and praying that he would be safe. "Try to find out who sent them," he said quietly.
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Flipper uncurled himself with deliberate, dramatic slowness and dropped his shredded zombie meatshields to either side, small curls of smoke and steam rising from all three of them.

"Ah, Bobo... so this was your grand plan? Rent an airship from the nearest deathlord to use Naraka as a foothold for the forces of the Abyss?" Flipper said. "If 'Not letting us in the ship to stop you' was an integral part of your plan, I'd say you're as ineffectual as ever - as are your friends; I've suffered worse from the hooves of an angry camel. So I'll give you the chance for everyone to stand down, and we can talk about what we're all doing here like reasonable people. You'd prefer that to the... ahem alternative, I think?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

"Bobo?"

"I panicked," Bobo hissed as she slid her hands into her pockets.

At a motion from one of the leaders, the door irised half-shut.

"A precautionary measure," the speaker explained. "Name your terms of parley, quickly, demon."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 am

Flipper smirked. "Our terms are that you shut off your automatons, if you have turned on the ones on the ground, tell us who gave you this airship, and then vacate it. In exchange, you may leave with your lives. Granted, Bobo might lose all her funds to the security deposit, but small price to pay, no?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Bobo's eyes widened, narrowed, then widened again.

"Unacceptable terms. For one thing, our armies require face to face orders. For another, we still don't know who you speak for. Interlopers must identify themselves before we reveal our allegiance. Although I can assure you we don't stoop to work for the forces of the Underworld," the speaker sneered.

CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Hiding off to one side, Builder closed his eyes and extended his other senses. He breathed deeply. The lifebreath of Creation passed through him, but that wasn’t what he was reaching for—and he couldn’t have reached it anyway, because he wasn’t relaxed enough. What he needed was something else, something simpler.

There. Almost as if it were against his skin, he could feel the stone in his hearthstone bracers pulsing with power. A slow trickle of Yu-Shan’s Essence was building and building, and when it had reached full, it would release that power into him. It had been almost an hour since the last motes had arrived. In fact…

Any second now. Aaaaaany second…

There. Builder exhaled, and with those two new motes, he called a pattern spider from beneath his robes. “What are the names of the sorceress physically closest to me?” he whispered in Old Realm, and sent it off on its query.
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Flipper sneered. "Who do we speak for? Who do we speak for!?" He turned to his companions, then looked back at the dragons, laughing. "You think we have need to speak on anyone's authority besides our own. We are the Chosen of Luna, tasked by divine mandate with defending the weak against those who would oppress them. While we stand, Naraka is under our protection."

His anima flared, an image emerging from its bright light, the top half clipping out through the ceiling and into the outer hull: A seagull made of rainbows, flying from the eye of a skull, held in the mouth of a sea serpent emerging from the waves, with an obscure aspect of Luna holding a trident on its back.

His tone stayed ominously level as he matched eyes with the apparent leader. "Now I say again, who are your superiors?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 pm

"We answer only to the Eternal Empress," the leader bit out, trying not to look at the towering silver lights. Her companions were less successful, one of them making a warding gesture common among Immaculates.

"This ship is hers, as are the forces we command in her name."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:53 pm

"Oh good. That reminds me, when would you like us to take you to those realm soldiers you paid us to knock out, Bobo? I'd rather they not make too much noise." said Glass suddenly, and with the air of an aside. "Which, while we're here. We never did settle payment. I believe you implied we'd be receiving the rest later... I hope the airship isn't what you had in mind." His face was mostly neutral as he spoke, though an observant viewer would blame that more on having a snake face, and less on his not smiling.
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

"It probably won't be any time soon, if your compatriot insists on us leaving Naraka." She tossed something through the door--a lump wrapped in silk. "I believe a shekel is more than generous."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Builder took a deep breath, calming himself and letting the new information settle in his mind. With it, he made a few inferences and analyzed his options: reinforcements were off the table, this was probably the Bronze plot he was sent to stop, and the constructs he’d fought might be the River’s Immortals. If they were, in fact, those immortals, then if they were "rising to take the East," Naraka might not be the only city under assault. On the other hand, it was unlikely that every assault was backed by a ship like this, because if the Realm had been secretly building Kireeki skyremes long enough to manage a Directional assault like that, SOMEONE in Heaven would’ve told him.

"So," he said, thinking aloud as he walked over toward Glass (ironically the least fragile Exalt he could think of), "the Realm has invested a lot of firepower and manpower in this operation, hasn’t it… Cathak Meneras?"

To her credit, the leader’s face only paled by half a shade. Builder didn’t wait for her to answer. "Remember me?" he smiled unnervingly, not needing to pretend that he was enjoying this. "No? How about you, Iselsi Cariku? Mnemon Oruyel? Cynis Baenjaleps?" His eyes moved to each of them in turn, before finally turning back to the leader.

He stretched the dramatic pause as long as he could. "Just how far removed are you from the Eternal Empress? Because last I heard, Tepet Bonobo-" his eyes flicked to the sorceress- "was having some issues with the chain of command."
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Years of training snapped back into place, as Meneras composed herself with a blink. She eyed Builder's blazing caste mark. "It wouldn't be the first time we've been made to forget one of Kejak's pawns.

The Realm is merely another one of the Empress's assets. We claim Meido in her name, not the name of the Realm. This is not the Realm's skyreme, we are not the Realm's soldiers, and the legions below are not the Realm's armies.

We are all daughters of the Empress, and what Bonobo did furthered the Empress's cause."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next