Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meido (Play Thread)

+3
The_GM
AlaskanWyvern
CodexGigas
7 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Empty Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm

"I apologize. I am used to being asked for more... final solutions." said Glass, nodding his head slowly. "Do you know anything more about them? I should be able to... take care of them... without anyone coming to any serious harm. Does the Wok offer say... room service? I may be able to spike some drinks... food, and other... paraphernalia the dynasts enjoy keeping around..."

He was putting a plan together, for now. It'd require some ingested objects, his personal collection of drugs, poisons, and diseases, and a large amount of hope that none of these legionnaires had been to a Cynis wedding party.
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

((wits + awareness))
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Qazn

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Obsidian noticed a minor Narakan bureaucrat waiting at the bottom of the stairs. She appeared to be watching the room Flipper was in.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 pm

"I was just going to have them arrested, but tying them up somewhere would work just as well. Or get them so plastered the Immaculates come to haul them away before they embarrass the Realm too much. We could kill two Portee Ivories with one stone."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:24 am

Flipper nodded, considering options, and looked to Glass. "Got anything good on hand? Surely you've got something could knock a man cold, or at least get them drunk in a hurry."

He turned back to the waitress. "Of course, our helping you is dependent on telling us what's going on - and, naturally, what a couple spare hands might be worth to you. Your name might be a good start."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:37 am

Glass's response was a swift and indefinite "Yessss." and nothing more. He hadn't meant to hold out the s, but some conventions existed because they were true, and using this tongue was hard. Either way he silently gestured at the woman, to second Flipper's questions. The sooner the finer details were worked out, the sooner he could get to work ensuring the rest of his stay in town would be less ruined by the realm's agents. Luna knew what they'd do if they could actually see his tattoos, or noticed that he currently wasn't quite entirely human...
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 am

"T--uh, Bobo. You can call me Bobo. And I can pay you in silver. Or jade, if you give me time to exchange it. I don't think I can get any cowries," she added, looking at Flipper.

"We, um, I just want to make the Threshold a better place to live. For the good of Creation. Yes."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 am

"Well... Bobo..." began Glass tilting his head. That was hardly a woman's name, and her desire for secrecy was showing far too clear. "I need more information if I'm to reliably help. What... rationale do you have for making these men fade into the background, in a manner of talking?" he noticed ,of course, that sounded unnecessarily stilted as he spoke, but it was his charge now to forgo S for as long as possible.

"If I know that, I can better guarantee they remain out of your way for the duration. I asssure you, nothing you tell me will get back to you. You can trust me." He smiled as he finished, though she would hardly notice under his mask.

---

Personal : 24/24
Peripheral: 38/41

Tell: Serpent's Tongue

Mutations: Enhanced hearing
---
Charms invoked: Apperance first excellency, for one mote, one bonus.

One dot stunt gained, +1 mote. Net zero.
---

Motes spent in scene: 7

Last edited by Ji on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 am

The member 'Ji' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 J118 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Avnj Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 5 Avnj

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 pm

"I'm not sure I should trust complete strangers. Especially strangers in masks," the waitress fiddled with something in her pocket. "But you both seem to want the Realm soldiers somewhere they won't be causing anyone trouble." She furrowed her brow.

"The main reason they can't be here is it's a violation of the treaty between the Realm and Naraka."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:30 pm

Having heard enough to assure himself that Flipper was safe, Shadow decides to find out what the bureaucrat is up too. Entering into Flippers apartment, He returns to fate and stashes his Bow. Then Heads back out and down towards the bureaucrat, "Something interesting going on up there?"
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:48 pm

The bureaucrat gave Shadow a cool stare before turning her gaze back to the closed door at the top of the stairs. "Simply waiting on a friend. Nothing to concern yourself with."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

"Well if it's a treaty violation, then all the more reason to get them swept out of the way. So, they wake up somewhere suitably out of town (Or failing that, they make a scene and the Immaculates haul them off), back in Realm custody, and get whatever it is you do for discipline?" Flipper paused, and his eyes narrowed. "Though that begs the question, why not just ask the Immaculates to hide them for a few days until you can arrange transportation out, unless you're trying to be covert? Would you be operating outside the normal chain of command, perhaps?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:45 pm

"Not outside. Above. And the monks aren't all from the Realm; they'd be obligated to turn the soldiers in."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Taking the hint to keep moving, Shadow heads off down the stairs and around the corner. Where he slides into the shadows and out of sight so he can listen to what the bureaucrat is up to.

eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 pm

"Hm... interesting..." said Glass nodding slightly. "And finally, I suppose... is there some manner of payment we are to be expecting... for services rendered in the... greater or somewhat mediocrer good?" He was slightly concerned as to the true implications of what they were about to be doing, and frankly, he wasn't sure if he was going to be entirely willing to go through with it, especially for someone obviously working with the realm. Anything she wanted had to have been in the realm's best interest, and that wasn't exactly Glass'.
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:10 pm

"Our, that is, my resources are some what tied up at the moment. I suppose future reward is out of the question?"
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 pm

"As for me, I'd need some sort of collateral; getting on board with something as, frankly, shady as this will need a bit of security. Is there no down payment or anything like that you can offer?" Flipper shared similar reservations to Glass's, though his problem was more heavily weighted towards the issue of payment - though whoever it was operated above the proper chain of command taking interest in such a matter as this made him unspeakably curious.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm

The waitress fidgeted. "It's...well, it's not that it's difficult for me to deal with the issue. It's a time thing. And I figured, since you all wanted the Realm out like I do, our mutual interests would be enough until the, uh, bank access is restored."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 pm

"Mutual interest is nice, but you can't eat it, wear it, or use it as a roof. And besides, number one rule of business? Make sure you get paid. If you're having, er, perhaps administrative difficulties on your accounts, then I might be willing to take most of the payment once the issue is resolved, but for now we would like something definite when the job is completed."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 pm

"I can talk Big Liu into getting you food and lodging for free, but otherwise, my financial resources are tapped," the waitress said as she started for the door, "It sounds like I should just get the Realm soldiers thrown in jail for a couple of nights."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Flipper shrugged. "Free food and lodging is acceptable for the time being, at least for now. Just make sure that when you get your funds back in order, the pay is good. We want this handled quietly, after all."
There wasn't going to be a party without Flipper involved, whether Bobo liked it or not. Technically, she'd already put the operation at risk by mentioning there were Realm soldiers on site, and if the wrong people found out, she'd be in serious trouble.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:56 am

"Enjoy your stay," Bobo said with a quick bow before ducking toward the door.

End Act I, Scene 1

Last edited by CodexGigas on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Realizing now it may have been wise, Glass allowed his ears to return to him and dim his senses. He was perfectly willing to let her leave, it was of little to no concern to him. While he would have preferred agreeing to different terms, getting the realm out was probably reward enough for now. He headed for the door as well more nonchalantly, pausing only to turn to his compatriot and say, "Well... do you have a plan, or should I? Either way, we should go to my... wagon, I have supplies there." He also figured it was a more private place than the Wok, but that probably went without saying.
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next